We are frequently told that we are one of the best places to work and are honoured to have won the AJ120 Employer of the Year award in both 2013 and 2015. In 2016 we received The Sunday Times Best Companies: 2 Star Accreditation.
We are always looking for enthusiastic, proactive and talented people. If you don’t see what you’re looking for below then please apply speculatively.
Architectural Designer (Los Angeles, US)
For our expanding LA studio, we are looking for a talented Architectural Designer to join our team to work on recently won higher education and commercial projects.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Deliver great design and technical expertise across all aspects of the project, including concept design, technical design, project design co-ordination and excellent graphic representation for all stages of these processes
- Ensure the adequate integration of technical information and statutory requirements into project packages and design & production drawings
- Demonstrate design sensitivity and technical feasibility across all aspects of the role with consistency and accuracy
- Administer project related information in line with the standards and procedures of the Practice
- Contribute to the development of Hawkins\Brown and our growing international presence
- Promote team goals and ensure efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Ensure dialogue with team members
Your qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor’s in Architecture or equivalent from an internationally recognized Architecture university/institution
- You have at least two years post graduate experience within the US
- Excellent knowledge of US Architecture & Design sector and regulations
- You have a sound working knowledge of Revit
- Good methodical and analytical skills
- Ability to produce coherent and well resolved architectural designs and understand Hawkins\Brown’s design philosophy
- Ability to contribute ideas clearly
- Strong team player
- Ability to plan, manage and prioritise workload
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask
- Strong design communication and presentation skills
- Possess a proactive and positive attitude
- English fluency is a key requirement
These are the key tasks as currently defined. They are not listed in priority order. From time to time the key tasks may be varied and the post holder will be expected to take on such variations within the constraints of the position and the level of responsibility implied in it.
HawkinsBrown is an equal opportunities employer.
- Date uploaded:
- 1 April 2019
- Closing date:
- 25 April 2019
- Los Angeles